Monday, June 20, 2011

AED 200 Week 3

1. Discuss what you thought about creating the Value Scale and Color Wheel.
To be honest I have created these in High school wand when I took Art and found this particular assignment to be almost childish.  I understand that the idea behind the both assignments helps us to understand the different directions we can go while painting/drawing but I believe that looking at a picture would have sufficed because a majority of the class has probably already done something like this.
2. Which media did you enjoy working with the best and why?
I personally enjoy working with a graphite pencil.   As seen in Raphael’s “The Judgment of Paris” sometimes the simpler colors can produce a magnificent piece of art.  It is not the tools that create the beauty; it is the artist that is responsible for the beauty in the final result in the work of art and in Raphael’s case he does so magnificently.
3. What was the most important discovery in the creation of these studies?
To be honest I feel like I haven’t learned anything new about the Color Wheel or the Value Scale.  I enjoyed making the color wheel however I found the Value Scale to be tedious and boring.
4. What is the most important information you learned from watching the videos for this project? What is your opinion of the videos? sdf


http://s1105.photobucket.com/albums/h355/donnjame/color 20wheel/


No comments:

Post a Comment